Learn about Water Heaters
Water heating accounts for about 18% of your home’s energy use. Reducing your hot water use, employing energy-saving strategies, and choosing an energy efficient water heater for your home pool can help you reduce your monthly water heating bills.
When selecting a new water heater for your home, choose a water heating system that will not only provide enough hot water but also that will do so energy efficiently, saving you money. This includes considering the different types of water heaters available and determining the right size and fuel source for your home.
TYPES OF WATER HEATERS
It’s a good idea to know the different types of water heaters available before you purchase one:
- Conventional storage water heaters offer a ready reservoir (storage tank) of hot water
- Tankless or demand-type water heaters heat water directly without the use of a storage tank
- Heat pump water heaters move heat from one place to another instead of generating heat directly for providing hot water
- Solar water heaters use the sun’s heat to provide hot water
- Tankless coil and indirect water heaters use a home’s space heating system to heat water